WiA Exhibit Call for Entry Text
AIA San Antonio’s Women in Architecture Network invites submittals for their 3rd Annual Women’s History Month Exhibition at the Center for Architecture. The March 2019 exhibit entitled Who is SHE? celebrates the distinctive and extraordinary roles of women in architecture in both their professional and personal lives.
- Your board must include a Built or Unbuilt project to include architecture, interiors, or landscape architecture
- The presentation boards are intended to be representative of YOU, as a woman of architecture, embodying the SHE – sustain, honor, and empower
- Must include descriptive text (200 words or less) explaining what makes YOU sustainable and successful in your profession? Is it your past research, past projects, your family, your childhood experiences, maybe the places you have traveled? What is your sustenance for inspiration? Your explanation must correlate with a built or unbuilt project or projects in the field of architecture. We want the reasons (and pictures) behind why women are doing all that they do and photos of the projects you design!
- The initial submission is only an application to include descriptive text and imagery. Once all the entries are juried by the WiA Steering Committee, those whose projects are selected will be asked to provide PDF of a 24 X 36 presentation board and $60 exhibition fee.
- Students may submit an electronic presentation to be presented during the exhibit opening only on February 26, 2019.
- All student submissions meeting the criteria above will be accepted.
- Accepted students will be asked to provide One PowerPoint Slide Representation in wide landscape format (16:9).
- There is NO COST for accepted student submissions.
Initial Applications are due by Monday, February 4, 2019
Applicants will be notified of acceptance by Friday, February 8, 2019
Presentation board PDF due by Thursday, February 21, 2019
Open to all Women in the field of Architecture and Design Community
Exhibit will include printed imagery only, but the Jury will consider objects on a case by case basis.
Payment of $60 exhibition fee must be paid no later than Thursday, February 21, 2019. Presentation board(s) will be returned to the submitter after the exhibit.