8:00 AM | Boise Cascade
Fire-Resistive and Fire-Resistance-Rated Assemblies with Wood Design (1 LU/HSW)
This course gives specifiers introductory knowledge on how to use I-joists to design floors for residential dwellings with fire-resistive requirements. The course also reviews fire-resistance-rated floor and floor-wall assemblies and where to find approved, code-compliant assemblies for both commercial and multi-family projects.
9:05 AM | Somfy
How to Design Digital Buildings of the Future? (1 LU/HSW)
This course will provide an understanding of innovative design trends including current market drivers, comparing high performance buildings and how to increase visual and thermal comfort by automating the balance of natural and artificial light. This course will build the connection between the influence of current design trends and advances in technology, on building performance using automated facades. We will discuss design strategies using power and data distribution to create higher performing buildings with increased functionality at a lower cost.
10:10 AM | Somfy
Improving Facade Designs by Comparing Automated vs. Manual Solar Shading (1 LU/HSW)
This course will provide an understanding of innovative design trends including current market drivers, comparing high performance glass vs. high performance shading and how to increase visual and thermal comfort by automating the balance of natural and artificial light. This course will build the connection between the influence of current design trends, on building performance using automated facades. We will discuss design strategies using automated solar management and its impact on these design trends.
Afternoon Courses and Lunch sponsored by
12:00 PM | Trespa/pura
HPL Siding Material and Rain Screen Siding Applications (1 LU/HSW)
Phenolic composite panels are a versatile exterior building material – ideal wherever durability and aesthetics are needed. Phenolic composite panels provide UV, climate, impact, chemical, stain, moisture and fire resistance for commercial and residential applications. In this presentation we will learn how high pressure laminate is made, and explore the properties of HPL. We will explore the principles of back-ventilated rain screen siding, and provide you with an understanding of typical installations and applications.
- Identify HPL material and its properties
- Understand the fundamentals of rain screen principles
- Recognize the advantages of HPL as a material, and when used for siding in a rain screen installation
- And lastly, we will inspire you with some HPL siding applications!
1:05 PM | Cupa Clad
Natural Slate Rainscreen Cladding Systems (1 LU/HSW)
This presentation includes a range of topics important to the architect, designer, and specifier. Materials discussed will provide a better understanding for the proper specification and usage of natural slate materials for rainscreen and direct apply cladding for architectural applications.
- How cladding slate is produced…From the quarry to the wall…
- How to identify slate quality and detect potential problems. What do you need to ask when using slate in a project?
- The ventilated façade systems with natural slate…from a technical and practical point of view.
- Direct Apply Cladding with natural slate…Innovation, Performance & Cost Savings.
2;10PM |MAC Metal
Introduction to Steel Siding (1 LU/HSW)
This program will cover the different types of steel profiles in the family of metal coatings. It will lead the participant to understand the qualities of the distinct paint and systems used in the industry and to understand their particularities. Their warranties, LEED program, types of poses as well as profiling methods.
- Manifest our growth in the different manners of profiling galvanized steel
- Master the advantages and disadvantages of the different paint systems available in the current market
3:15 PM | Terracotta Cladding
Introduction to TC Cladding (1 LU/HSW)
This course will give an overview of the use of terracotta cladding panels as a building finish material. Upon completion of this course, the design profession will be able to:
- Describe terracotta panel materials and how they are used
- Understand the standards and codes related to terracotta panels
- Learn how terracotta panels are used as a part of rain screen systems and sealed wall systems
- Learn the different methods of installation for terracotta panels.