Website Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc.
Solutions for the Built World
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is seeking an exceptional Building Enclosure Associate to join our team in San Antonio, Texas.
WJE solves some of the most interesting challenges in the built world, and as a Building Enclosure Associate, you will have the opportunity to learn from and grow alongside industry-leading experts.
At WJE, we spend almost as much time in the field, up close and personal with our projects, as we do in the office. A Building Enclosure Associate will gain hands-on experience by supporting project managers in all aspects of our projects for a variety of construction types, both modern and historic.
- Bachelor’s degree or better in architecture, architectural engineering, building science, civil engineering or related field, from an accredited program
- 3-5 years relevant work experience (including internships)
Enthusiasm and curiosity for solving problems and understanding how things work
- Ability to work in the field, both locally and outside the local area
Strong technical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Interest in the design, construction, and repair of building enclosures; principles of heat, air, and moisture control within enclosure materials and assemblies; evaluation of building performance; and/or preservation and rehabilitation of historic structures
- Assume responsibility for key aspects of projects and complete assignments with limited oversight
- Perform on-site investigations, condition assessments, and construction observations, which may include surveying, documenting distress, field testing, collecting data and samples, and preparing site visit reports
- Perform diagnostic water testing, non-destructive testing, and structural load testing
- Analyze field data and perform research to facilitate problem solving and repair design
- Assist with drafting and preparation of client deliverables, such as construction documents, specifications, and written reports
See job posting on WJE.com for additional information.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org