PBK is looking for a highly motivated and creative interior designer who is ready to join our San Antonio team. This challenging and fast paced position will require a personable candidate with experience in designing interiors of educational, healthcare or large scale corporate facilities. You will be a part of a collaborative team which includes project designers, production architects, and a team of engineers. An ideal candidate should have extremely strong inter-personal skills, strong technical skills, be an effective presenter of ideas and concepts, possess knowledge of interior finishes, and to help us lead in educational design.
Please submit your design portfolio along with your resume when applying or you will not be considered for the position.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership in all project phases from initial development to completion and assist in the design and documentation of interior spaces.
- Create design concepts and continue the development through all design phases.
- Responsible for interior finish materials selections, specification, and production of finish material boards.
- Utilize space planning, knowledge of codes, understanding of mechanical systems, etc.
- Produce construction documentation, construction administration, and review of submittals.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience.
- Must have at least a Bachelor of Interior Design or Interior Architecture (must be CIDA accredited).
- NCIDQ Interior Designer, registered in the State of Texas (TBAE) is a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment (FF&E) process.
- Educational, Sports, Healthcare, and Corporate experience strongly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to present design concepts to clients.
- Proficient in Revit, Sketchup + Vray, AutoCAD, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Strong devotion to customer service.
This an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within an award winning architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
For over 40 years, PBK Architects has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”
To apply for this job please visit pbk.clearcompany.com.