PBK is looking for a highly motivated and creative Designer who is ready to join our team. This individual will be responsible for producing high quality project design deliverables in construction documents. This individual will work on any/all phases of development including Pre-Design, Schematic Design, Design Development, Construction Documents and Construction Administration. This individual will report to the Director/Principal/Associate Principal on tasks and deliverables work with them to ensure the project is completed on time and within budget constraints in accordance PBK’s quality and client service standards.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Generate new concepts and create fresh ideas on projects to meet client requirements.
- Participate in/lead design charrettes with clients and PBK staff.
- Create design concepts and continue the development through all design phases.
- Prepare concept design, schematic design and design development.
- Be an effective presenter of ideas and concepts both to clients and PBK employees.
- Work collaboratively with the Design Leadership in establishing format, drawing assignments, deliverable and schedules.
- Function as a conduit between conceptual design process and architectural implementation.
- Possess knowledge of interior finishes and trends.
- Supervise and mentor teams of Designers assigned to project teams.
- Hold team and individuals accountable to deliver upon commitments.
- A minimum of 5-10 years’ design experience, K-12, Higher Education, or large-scale Commercial experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture required.
- LEED accredited strongly preferred.
- Superior proficiency in Photoshop, Sketchup, InDesign, Lumion and AutoCAD required. Revit is a plus.
- Hand sketching skills are a plus.
- Strong devotion to customer service.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations, and vendors.
- Must be quality minded and self motivated.
- Thrive in a collaborative design team environment and with senior management.
- Have extremely strong inter-personal skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for professional growth and career advancement within an award winning architectural firm. We offer a highly competitive salary and benefits package. An aggressive, client oriented personality with a knack for creative problem solving will succeed in this position.
For over 40 years, PBK has been a leader in architectural and engineering design solutions across the United States. We are constantly seeking the brightest and most talented minds to be part of our award winning firm. Here at PBK, we pride ourselves in providing the best in class programmers, planners, architects, engineers, and consultants to offer top notch customer service. We strive to make a positive impact for future generations with our actions today. Here’s your chance, are you ready to make a difference?
PBK has built a client base of more than 200 clients, a list that includes school districts, university systems, hospital systems and Fortune 500 corporations. PBK offers employees competitive wages, health care and 401K matching along with numerous opportunities to become involved in extra-curricular activities and organizations established through the firm. PBK has established a culture that has led to the firm being named to the list of “Best Places to Work.”
To apply for this job please visit pbk.clearcompany.com.