Website North Arrow Studio
DESIGN ASSOCIATE (5-10 Years)
North Arrow Studio has an opening for a part-time or full-time Design Associate. We are looking for an enthusiastic and disciplined applicant with a solid design foundation and an interest in boutique commercial and residential projects. We welcome designers with an entrepreneurial spirit, who are eager to learn and grow, and are capable and willing to help shape the future of our practice.
What You Can Expect
As a member of North Arrow Studio, you will become a better architect, and you will be proud of the work you do. You will have the opportunity to participate in a variety of projects and facilitate all phases of the architectural process. You can expect accessible leadership in a professional and ego-free working environment. You will work with a group of talented and hardworking designers open to new ideas and collaboration.
· Participate in early stages of design, including site analysis, code research, and concept development
· Develop presentation materials
· Prepare permit and construction drawings
· Work closely with consultants to coordinate and review work
· Assist in the permitting process
· Engage with clients and partake in project meetings
· Participate in construction administration
· 5-10 years relevant work experience
· Bachelor of Architecture or equiv.
· Experience managing a project from schematic design to CA
· Extensive single family residential and ground up bar and restaurant experience
General Offer Terms
· 40- hour min. work week with reasonable working hours
· 3-month trial period with base hourly rate. Compensation to be re-evaluated at 90-day review
· Health insurance available after trial period
· Opportunity for yearly bonus
· Compensation will be commensurate with skill level and experience.
North Arrow Studio is a small team of designers who support each other in the process of doing extraordinary work. Our work is honest, crafted with pride, and deceptively uncomplicated. Our spaces are beautiful and practical, and they reveal themselves slowly. We are committed to the craft of architecture and the professional growth of our team members. Our office thrives on friendly leadership and fosters a professional working environment where new ideas and collaboration are welcome. Visit us at http://northarrowstudio.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/northarrowstudio/
Contact us at email@example.com, include “Design Associate” as well as your name in the subject line. Include your resume and portfolio (10MB or less please). Address inquiries to Francisco.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org