Website Nextgen Architects
ABOUT THE FIRM
Established in 2013, our philosophy at Nextgen Architects is to create meaningful partnerships. We’re a diverse and inclusive team of thinkers, creatives, and technology enthusiasts with a passion for doing great work.
Simply stated, we believe:
INTEGRITY IS EVERYTHING
We say what we mean, and mean what we say.
PASSION IS ESSENTIAL
The path to success is believing in what you’re doing.
CREATIVITY IS COLLABORATIVE
Everyone has something to contribute.
Good partnerships lead to great projects. Our commitment is to always provide clients with the next generation of service, design, and innovation.
Visit our website at www.NextgenArchitects.com
ABOUT THE JOB
The Architectural Staff Level I is a “non-licensed” staff member who is responsible for specific design aspects of an assigned major project. Has 3-5 years in commercial/educational architecture. Serves as support design professional for a project including investigation, evaluation and recommendations of solutions that best meet the client’s needs. Provides professional architectural input in the planning, design and coordination of complex projects. Works independently to apply advanced architecture concepts. Carries out complex assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. May be responsible for providing technical guidance to less experienced architectural staff.
- Works under minimum supervision to prepare finished drawings from very complex sketches, notes, layouts, details and verbal instructions.
- Analyzes sketches, notes and other input materials to determine and plan the best approach to develop and complete the drawings with minimal supervision.
- Render project plans, elevations or perspectives.
- Assist team members with presentation boards and/or hand-outs.
- Utilizes technical library effectively to maintain a high level of productivity.
- Accuracy, quality, completeness and schedule adherence can be independently maintained at this level of experience.
- May suggest and/or develop additions or propose changes to project.
- Will perform at times in a designer capacity involving their discipline.
- Will check drawings for quality assurance purposes.
- May be required to prepare design calculations.
- Required to learn company design standards.
- Ability to use architectural design tools, including Graphics Standards, catalogs and manufacturer’s product data and catalogs.
- Basic knowledge and use of Architectural and Building Codes, Barrier-Free and ADA codes.
- Continuing education to improve technical knowledge and skills through outside and in-house programs, seminars, training sessions, site visits, trade periodicals and other resources.
- All other duties as apparent or assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB
- 3-5 years of experience in commercial architecture
- Minimum of a Bachelors and/or Masters Degree in Architecture
- Proficient with Revit, Sketchup, Lumion and Adobe programs.
- Highly motivated individual able to work both independently and on a team
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with Construction Documents and detailing a plus
- Experience with public bidding projects a plus
- An eagerness to grow within the firm
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination card
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Annual salary based on experience
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- 10 days of paid vacation
- 5 days paid sick leave
- 7 paid holidays
To apply for this job email your details to JHernandez@NextgenArchitects.com