Job Posting 8/27/2021
Firm and Position Overview:
Mustard DESIGN architects, founded in 1993, is based in Fredericksburg, Texas, a one hour drive from San Antonio and Austin. We are a dynamic and growing architectural firm specializing in providing quality architectural services to our clients, while providing leadership and growth opportunities to our staff. We are seeking an experienced part-time Business Manager/Bookkeeper to join our team. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, detail oriented and a solutions-driven professional with a positive attitude who will play a vital role in supporting our team, firm and brand. A working knowledge of standard architectural office practices and contracts is considered a plus for this position. This position is not a remote position. Work will be in-office only.
Job Description: Part-Time – Bookkeeper / Accounts manager
We are seeking an energetic professional who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats in a small architectural firm. Candidates must be organized, skilled at communication, and capable of managing a range of administrative and bookkeeping tasks. This person must be comfortable acting as a representative for the firm when greeting people at the door, directing communications, and as a point-of-contact for vendors and company representatives.
· Maintain records according to general accepted accounting principles including general journal entries, reconciliations, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and corporate financial support.
· Handle all aspects of payroll, including tax deposits. Issue 1099’s, W-2’s, and W-9’s as necessary.
· Prepare records to assist the CPA in completing annual tax returns.
· Accounts Payable; enter, categorize and make timely payments.
· Accounts Receivable; invoice clients on a monthly basis; follow up on unpaid invoices.
· Set-up new projects for billing as requested by project managers, and in accordance with the terms outlined in signed contracts, utilizing proper billing rates and mark-ups.
· Oversee and assist Office Administrator with employee benefits such as 401k, medical insurance, vacation/sick leave, licenses, memberships, etc.
· Organize and maintain all project and financial records. Create monthly financial reports for management.
· Provide general support to management, office administrator, employees and clients.
· 3+ years of bookkeeper/accounting experience.
· Proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
· Attention to detail, exhibit a high level of accuracy and organization and demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member.
· Strong analytical skills and ability to multi-task without sacrificing quality.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
· Experience in Architecture/Engineering/Construction firm is a PLUS.
· Experience with BigTime or other project management software. (training can be provided)
· Open office of (currently) twelve congenial and team minded employees.
· Non-smoking environment with pleasant background music.
· 1-5pm, M-F schedule with some flexibility. A morning shift is possible.
· Pay is commensurate with skills and experience level. This position has the potential to be Full-Time in the future.
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a cover letter and résumé to:
Sandy Moffitt, Office Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com