Website Douglas Architects, Inc.
Architect – Level II
Douglas Architects, Inc., an award winning architectural design firm in San Antonio is seeking a Registered Architect with 10 to 15 years of experience developing design and construction documents for both large and small commercial, hospitality, office, retail, transportation and education projects.
You will be asked to provide a leadership role within the firm, mentoring staff and managing client’s expectations. Opportunities to rise within the company are unlimited. All you need are the necessary skills, enthusiasm, commitment to excellence and the desire to be a part of something long term. Candidate must be able to manage client and staff on several projects simultaneously and be a dedicated and flexible team player.
• Registered Architect strongly preferred [not required, if skills are evident]
• 5 yr. professional degree in Architecture or Master’s degree in Architecture
• Strong knowledge of architectural design, detailing, drafting, building materials, building systems, construction costs, and techniques.
• Proficiency in Building Code analysis, ADA and Energy Codes
• Experience in Contract Administration – advanced documentation and field observation skills.
• Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff
• Demonstrates an understanding of the many facets of the design and construction process.
• Knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within those constraints
• Possesses the ability to multi-task, work within a team, and coordinate with consultants and maintain excellent client communication and expectations
• Maintain office standards throughout all phases of design and construction
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong presentation and graphic communication skills.
• Proficiency in AutoCAD required
• Proficiency in Revit and SketchUp preferred
• Microsoft Office Suite required
• Project Management / Scheduling software knowledge a plus
• Adobe Products [InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator] a plus
COMPENSATION COMMENSURATE WITH QUALIFICATIONS.
PLEASE REPLY WITH RESUME AND APPROPRIATE WORK SAMPLES:
Firm website is www.douglasarchitects.net
No phone calls, please.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org