Website Acuform Architecture
Design. Develop. Experience.
Acuform is an established San Antonio-based architecture firm committed to serving the community and our clients through creative design solutions and responsive service. Our work includes a broad range of private-sector commercial projects. We offer a creative and casual work environment, personable colleagues and a competitive benefits package. We seek top professionals to join our team as we continue to grow.
The Architectural Intern is an entry level technical position. The Intern will assist the needs of all professional personnel. He/she will be responsible for completing minor design exercises, preparing design documents including illustrations, generating and revising construction drawings, and assisting with the bidding and procurement of construction services. We afford our interns exposure to a broad range of professional activities and work closely to ensure IDP credits are achieved.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently and efficiently and remain eager to take on new tasks. This individual will possess a balanced mix of technical and creative abilities and be able to apply these attributes to daily work activities. He/she should have a general understanding of building design and construction process including types of projects and project team members.
· Organize Revit files in accordance with office standards
· Prepare design documents including finish sample boards and illustrations
· Generate 3D building model using Autodesk Revit
· Independently research building materials, systems, components, and details
· Develop site plans, building plans, sections, elevations, and details
· Make revisions to drawings as directed by professional staff
· Assist in the procurement of forms, documents, and table for governmental reviews
· Record and log construction activities and prepare field observation reports
· Education: Professional degree in architecture
· Experience: 2-3 years of related work experience
· Must be proficient in Autodesk Revit
· Must have personal vehicle for use during work day
· Must be capable of maneuvering around construction sites and climbing ladders
Interested candidates should e-mail your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.