Acme Brick 4×4 CEs
Oct 13th | Noon – 1 PM
Introduction to TC Cladding (1 LU/HSW)
This course will give an overview of the use of terracotta cladding panels as a building finish material. Upon completion of this course, the design profession will be able to:
- Describe terracotta panel materials and how they are used
- Understand the standards and codes related to terracotta panels
- Learn how terracotta panels are used as a part of rain screen systems and sealed wall systems
- Learn the different methods of installation for terracotta panels.
Oct 15th | 12 – 12:30 PM
Introduction to steel siding (0.5 LU/HSW)
This program will cover the different types of steel profiles in the family of metal coatings. It will lead the participant to understand the qualities of the distinct paint systems used in the industry and to understand their particularities. Their warranties, LEED program, types of poses as well as profiling methods.
- Manifest our growth in the different manners
- of profiling galvanized steel
- Master the advantages and disadvantages of the different paint systems available in the current market
Oct 20th | Noon – 1:30 PM
Natural Slate Rainscreen Cladding Systems (1.5 LU)
This presentation includes a range of topics important to the architect, designer, and specifier. Materials discussed will provide a better understanding for the proper specification and usage of natural slate materials for roofing, rainscreen and solar panel for architectural applications.
- How roofing slate is produced…From the quarry to the roof…
- How to identify slate quality and detect potential problems. What do you need to ask when using slate in a project?
- The ventilated façade systems with natural slate…from a technical and practical point of view.
- The solar panel with natural slate…Innovation, Performance & Tradition.
Oct 22nd | Noon – 1 PM
HPL Siding Material and Rain Screen Siding Applications (1 LU)
Phenolic composite panels are a versatile exterior building material – ideal wherever durability and aesthetics are needed. Phenolic composite panels provide UV, climate, impact, chemical, stain, moisture and fire resistance for commercial and residential applications. In this presentation we will learn how high pressure laminate is made, and explore the properties of HPL. We will explore the principles of back-ventilated rain screen siding, and provide you with an understanding of typical installations and applications.
- Identify HPL material and its properties
- Understand the fundamentals of rain screen principles
- Recognize the advantages of HPL as a material, and when used for siding in a rain screen installation
- And lastly, we will inspire you with some HPL siding applications!